| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | UPSIDE LEARNING
JUNE 24, 2010 [iPhone, Utilities] IPhone- User Interface Guidelines- Part I
The iPhone’s revolutionary user interface has changed the way we look at mobile devices. The iPhone SDK let’s you create native applications for the device. The document is divided into two parts: Planning Your iPhone Software Product : Covers types of applications, fundamental human interface design principles and the iPhone OS environment. This is the first. E.g. Mail.
| | UPSIDE LEARNING
AUGUST 20, 2010 [iPhone, Utilities] Training Plan For iPhone Application Development
Right now, everyone wants to develop applications for mobile devices and in particular for the iPhone, as it has changed the way we look at mobile devices. There is lots of material available about iPhone development on the web but very little about how to go about it. While working on IPhone development I have collected some links and we thought of creating a training plan for iPhone development for other Upsiders. The training plan below, assumes that you'll have the following skills to speed your iPhone development: Knowledge of C/C++/Java. Topic. Comments.
OCTOBER 11, 2010 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
[iPhone, Utilities] Place-based Learning and Mobile Devices – Part I
JULY 24, 2010 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
[iPhone, Utilities] Learning as Reflexive; Reality as a Series of Filters « The Ddeok is Always Greener on the Other Side ?? ?? ? ? ???
| || || |
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
MARCH 12, 2010 [iPhone, Utilities] My iPhone Apps for Learning Solution 2010 -
Do you have an iPhone/iTouch? Mashable has a recent post titled 12 iPhone Apps for Surviving Conference Season - - Its a good list but I just don’t use most of those apps. So, I’ve organized page 1 of my iPhone with the apps I think will be my goto apps. SMS is simply a fantastic technology you should be utilizing fully. And that means getting your Apps in order.
| | THE MOBILE LEARNER
JUNE 27, 2010 [iPhone, Utilities] Mobile Learning: A 4th Reading List
5) 50 Fun iPhone Apps to Get Kids Reading and Learning : This blog post provides links to iPhone apps that can be utilized for student learning. 9) 12 Interesting Ways to Use an iPod Touch in the Classroom : A google docs page providing various tips on utilizing an iPod Touch for Learning. Here are 10 of the more recent articles and blog posts that I have read concerning mobile learning. Links to the other 3 lists can be found at the bottom of this blog post. 7) Cellphonometry: Can Kids Really Learn Math From Smartphones? Mobile Learning: Another Brief Reading List.
| | THE MOBILE LEARNER
AUGUST 10, 2010 [iPhone, Utilities] iPods in Education Part 14: Enhanced Science Education
As a result, the app is currently only built for the iPhone and iPad. In addition, there are the built in apps that can be utilized during study: scientific calculator. camera for capturing images or recording results of experiments (iPhone only but sure to come to the iPod Touch soon). There are many digital tools that students can utilize that can assist them in their scientific learning. True, mobile devices work well across the curriculum. This time, I’d like to branch out and look at some uses in science. Firstly, I go to the apps. notes app.
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
OCTOBER 11, 2010 [iPhone, Utilities] Place-based Learning and Mobile Devices – Part I
Utilizing the smart phone’s camera, GPS and real-time connection to a database allow any number of possibilities for a user to walk, point, and interpret. Here at Oregon State University, we recently finished a place-based tree tour iPhone application and many of these instructional issues helped us define our design and development process. UF Pest Identification.
| || || || |
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009 [iPhone, Utilities] E-learning in the Mobile World and the Right Business Model to Deliver It
Smartphones like the iPhone and Palm Pre are quickly building a loyal following of application developers and end-users. The iPhone 3 will be released soon and Apple recently stated they have over 50 thousand applications for download in their App Store where over 1 billion applications have been downloaded by their 40 million iPhone and iPod Touch customers. While much of the educational content developed by iPhones is created by individual developers, some companies, like Modality Inc. Have you seen the new Verizon netbook ? Is it a laptop, a souped-up PDA? MORE >>
ULEARNING BLOG [iPhone, Utilities] Current thoughts on ubiquitous computing and learning
| SUNDAY, APRIL 4, 2010
Writing now some 14 months later, and being based in Australia as I am, I see currently three movements that indicate we as a country are further along the road to computing becoming just another human right/ utility
in the same way as electricity say. You won’t find it (yet) being supported officially through Education Departments – but it is one that grassroots educators are embracing exponentially just as their students have – I’m talking about the iPod touch, iPhone
, and soon (for us non-US citizens) the iPad. MORE >>
MOBILE LEARNING [iPhone, Utilities] This Edu-Netbook *might* be the best yet.
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2010
It’s a step up from existing netbooks and even the OLPC because it features a convertible design – the screen can be swivelled and locked flat so that it turns into a “tablet computer, which responds to both the built-in stylus and to finger touch (like an iPhone
). The finger-responsive touch screen is particularly useful in an educational tablet computer because if the device’s utility
as an ebook reader. The Mirus Schoolbook Convertible looks like it’s a decent step forward in the design of a low-cost mobile computing device for education. MORE >>
MLEARNING IS GOOD [iPhone, Utilities] M-Learning Decisions: Web App or Native App?
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2009
But one thing seems to be clear and that’s the fact that mobile browsers are getting much better and most newer mobile browsers are implementing the WebKit Open Source framework similar to what Apple did when they created Safari for the iPhone
. In addition, the application will work only for one particular platform, meaning that companies need to build or buy different versions for BlackBerry, Google, and iPhone
devices. Check out these previous posts on Apps for the future and Google vs Apple to see where I was coming from. “Native Vs. Web. MORE >>
UPSIDE LEARNING [iPhone, Utilities] Will Mobile Apps Change Training Forever?
| THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
Today there are hundreds of apps for education available on the Apple Appstore – here’s a big list of iPhone
apps for education. Foreman’s Mate – a utility
for the workers in construction industry. Technology around us is evolving at a rapid pace and is in turn affecting a speedy evolution of learning technology. Work is changing and, to keep pace with it, training is changing too. Which of these technology changes will impact training the most? think mobile applications are the game changer for training. Let me explain why I think that way. Why Mobile? Why Apps? MORE >>
- [iPhone, Utilities] The Powerful Combination of Mobile Devices and Learning Apps THE MOBILE LEARNER | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Embracing Mobile To Educate For Tomorrow | MobileBehavior MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MAY 29, 2010
- [iPhone, Utilities] Learning as Reflexive; Reality as a Series of Filters « The Ddeok is Always Greener on the Other Side ?? ?? ? ? ??? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JULY 24, 2010
- [iPhone, Utilities] "The students don't think of it as learning" | Education IT | ZDNet.com MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Futures of Learning MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | WEDNESDAY, JULY 1, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Mobile Learning – Frohberg et al. | andrew j. cerniglia MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Mobile Learning: A Springboard Discussion - Taking Teaching Further MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, MAY 1, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] The Mobile Generation « NWP Walkabout MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, MAY 18, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Relevant Science: "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges" MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2010
- [iPhone, Utilities] Cloud Computing: money and mobilty MLEARNING WORLD | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2008
- [iPhone, Utilities] Cloud Computing and mobility Part 2. MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2008
- [iPhone, Utilities] This Edu-Netbook *might* be the best yet. MLEARNING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2010
- [iPhone, Utilities] Apple Loosens Development Restrictions on AppTech Developers Using Adobe Flash Tools MLEARNING WORLD | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2010
- [iPhone, Utilities] iThinkEd » eBooks on the iPhone ITHINKED | MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2008
- [iPhone, Utilities] iThinkEd » Read and edit text files, PDFs and Word files on your iPhone ITHINKED | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2008
- [iPhone, Utilities] Portable Apps: your PC in a USB key | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | TUESDAY, JULY 4, 2006
- [iPhone, Utilities] mLearning-World.com: WebEx Presentation- Hitting a Moving Target: Serving the Mobile Learner MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2007
- [iPhone, Utilities] Media Encoding Tools for Mobile Learning MLEARNING TRENDS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6, 2010
- [iPhone, Utilities] August Hot List: Mobile Learning Content MLEARNOPEDIA ON BLOGSPOT | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Catching up over the long weekend MLEARNOPEDIA ON BLOGSPOT | SATURDAY, MAY 23, 2009
- [iPhone, Utilities] Cell Phones in Education Part 2: Assistive Technology THE MOBILE LEARNER | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2009
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.