| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 Are #mLearning projects in Africa really successful? #ICT4D critique
Although a propagator of learning with mobile devices, in this seminar John Traxler takes a look at learning with mobile devices from another angle, a critical one while looking for answers from all of us. John Traxler lives and breathes mobility. Are learning projects based on mobile devices really helping Africa forward? Is it real progress?
| | MOBLEARN
MARCH 4, 2013 UNESCO Mobile Learning Week 2013 - free resources
UNESCO has come out firmly in favour of mobile learning, and published a series of very well researched guidelines on how to make use of it. To quote them: The Symposium allowed UNESCO to launch its most important mobile learning publication to date: The Policy Guidelines for Mobile Learning. The joy of momentum! See below to links to all the resources.
| || || |
| || | IGNATIA WEBS
SEPTEMBER 10, 2010 Call for papers: Digital Futures: learning in a connected world
This years keynote speakers are: Stephen Heppell: Stephen's ICT career (he is credited with being the person who put the C into ICT), began with the UK government's Microelectronics Education programme (MEP) in the early 80s, after he had been teaching for some years. and my idea is to go for a vision of the future (+ linking it to some mobile projects I am involved in). Web 2.0:
| | IGNATIA WEBS
FEBRUARY 28, 2013 FutureLearn: pedagogical & mLearning MOOC platform - the approach
For all of you out there wanting to push your government into setting up a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) platform gathering knowledge from all your national universities, take a look at the approach of UK’s open university on planning a MOOC platform, it looks very promising. This mobility is enabled in part by telecommunications, more specifically mobile devices.
| || || || |
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, JULY 23, 2010 Mobile Learning;Lessons learnt from the eLearning Africa 2010 - telecentre.org
John Traxler ,Learning Lab ,UK gave the first presentation entitled Learning with ‘Appropriate ‘Technology : PC Labs or Mobile Phones. In his presentation, the speaker stated that It is important and urgent to debate and discuss the issue of ‘development’ in relation to e-learning and the issue of ‘appropriate’ technology in relation to e-learning, and especially to debate and discuss these issues in relation to each other. further stated that Africa has 5.4/100 PC internet users as compared to 28.49/100 mobile cellular subscribers (ITU,2007).Mobile MORE >>
STEVE VOSLOO UNESCO Working Paper Series on Mobile Learning released
| WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012
UNESCO has released the first set of papers in its Working Paper Series on Mobile Learning
, for which I was a co-ordinating editor. Half of the papers focus on mobile learning
initiatives and their relationship to policies, and the other half on how mobile
technologies support teachers and their professional development. For each focus area there is a Global
Themes paper that summarises the findings of the other papers. Uncategorized mobile
phones mlearning teacher development teachers UNESCO MORE >>
MOBLEARN Open Standards for m-learning?
| FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2012
As enthusiasm for m-learning
grows around the world, and more mobile
content gets developed, the problem of "re-use" keeps growing. What happens with that great learning
content I optimised for an earlier platform that is no longer popular? The bad news: there is no specific set of standards for m-learning
to solve this The good news: there are quite a few OTHER sets of standards that are very useful, if applied right. If you want to see this in action, download our Global
MedAid app from your local app store. If I build for an iPhone, what about Android? MORE >>
MLEARNING TRENDS 2010: mLearning Year in Review
| MONDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2010
As we reach the first anniversary of this blog’s introduction, we thought we’d take stock and figure out how things are going by revisiting our list of predictions for enterprise mobile learning
in 2010. Traditional "e"-learning
vendors will all jump into the "m"-learning
and social networking spaces with "first generation" offerings they believe will address the mobile
requirements of their customers and prospects; these early efforts will prove largely ineffective as evidenced by their many iterative and incremental updates, retries and course corrections. MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2010 Relevant Science: "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges"
Friday, March 26, 2010 "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges" 1 10:21 Edweek Producer: Jennifer: Todays chat, "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges," sponsored by CDW-G is open for questions. Tuesday March 23, 2010 10:21 Edweek Producer: Jennifer 2:00 Moderator: Katie Ash: Hello everyone, and welcome to todays chat about mobile learning devices. Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:02 Moderator: Katie Ash 2:03 Moderator: Katie Ash: I think it might be good to start off with some general questions about mobile learning. Eastern. Infrastrucuture, 4. MORE >>
- Mobile learning in a military context « e-Learning Stuff MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
- Mobile Learning: Cellular Phones as Learning Tools « Compassion in Politics: Christian Social Entrepreneurship, Education Innovation, & Base of the Pyramid/BOP Solutions MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2009
- Province, industry, and university partner for mobile learning research | Tony Bates MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2009
- From E-Learning To M-Learning | New Learning Playbook MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009
- innovating education MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2009
- CommLab University Blog » Blog Archive » Is m-learning a better platform for effective learning? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, AUGUST 6, 2009
- m-Learning facet : IL&FS-Tata Indicom ’s English Seekho Initiative | CellBharat.com | Indian Telecom blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, AUGUST 29, 2009
- Now Thats What I Am Talkin About!!! | The Big Mobile on Campus Challenge MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009
- ramblings: Learning with ‘Appropriate’ Technology in Africa: PC Labs or Mobile Phones MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2010
- Virtual Worlds News: Giunti Labs Developing Mixed Reality Learning With IRMOS MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2009
- E-learning on Mobile Phones | MoSo Technology Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, JULY 26, 2010
- Is Your Training in the Red or in the Green? MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, JULY 21, 2008
- mLearning-World.com: Elliot Masies Learning 2007 Conference MLEARNING WORLD | SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 2007
- #OEB08 the elearning in Africa session IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2008
- publication on emerging technologies for TELearning IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, APRIL 4, 2008
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.