| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 12, 2012 The future of #HigherEd and #apps & #web two free report by Pew
On many occasions these reports are linked to educational technology or trends, which is great when you are interested in training/education with innovative technologies. While everyone knows by now that the future of higher ed is in a fast evolving state, and giving rise to a lot of new initiatives, the results of this report are of interest. Overall a nice read and food for thought.
| || || |
| | IGNATIA WEBS
DECEMBER 28, 2012 End of a personal era at the Institute of Tropical Medicine
In the last few years I jumped in on every new trend that got me excited: QRcodes emerged, MOOC’s started to take off, mobile learning became universally integrated and online learning moved from sporadic towards a global trend. education ITM futureToday is my last day at the Institute of Tropical Medicine.
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
JULY 1, 2009 Futures of Learning
Futures of Learning | Home | about us | Publications | Literature Reviews | Book Reviews | Field Reports | Announcements | Archive | Tuesday, June 30, 2009 Mobile Experiences in Art Museums Museums today seek a balance between the one-way transmission of curatorial expertise and the pluralistic modes of interpretation by visitors. The future of mobile interpretation. lives. 2000).
| | IGNATIA WEBS
AUGUST 13, 2012 The benefits of open access #openeducation
And also for which ends is it pursued and which of the current trends are most relevant to advancing the equity agenda? How can equity be kept foregrounded when universities globally, and in Africa in particular are under serious pressure? education open content eLearning open science open education future of educationThanks to Stephen Downes' Ol'Daily I got hold of a wonderful and very insightful blogpost from Laura Czerniewicz. In her blogpost she talks about educational technology for equity. In fact, while writing this, I should ask Laura to join in a common workshop.
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
MARCH 28, 2010 Relevant Science: "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges"
Friday, March 26, 2010 "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges" 1 10:21 Edweek Producer: Jennifer: Todays chat, "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges," sponsored by CDW-G is open for questions. Tuesday March 23, 2010 2:59 Moderator: Katie Ash 2:59 Edweek Producer: Jennifer: Thanks for joining us for todays chat, "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges," sponsored by CDW-G.
| || || || |
IGNATIA WEBS ICT4D Teacher Challenges in Africa
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17, 2010
At the midway point for achieving the Dakar goal of universal
primary education (UPE) , teacher matters are a burning issue in Africa, as witnessed by the place taken up by this topic today in international conferences devoted to Education For All (EFA) , an initiative that put forward the rapidly nearing deadline of 2015. Tags: low resource setting education future
of education ICT4D Through the Unesco Education portal I came across a very worthwhile and relevant publication for those interested in teacher motivation in the African region. An interesting read. MORE >>
IGNATIA WEBS Free book on the Future of Reputation on the Web and the importance of Understanding Privacy
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
Surf to The Future
of Reputation by Daniel Solove published by Yale University
Press in October 2007 and get into the dark side of the Web. Focusing on blogs, Internet communities, cybermobs, and other current trends
, he shows that, ironically, the unconstrained flow of information on the Internet may impede opportunities for self-development and freedom. Daniel Solove has written a new book on the Internet and Privacy, it is called: " Understanding privacy " (yes, not a catchy, but indeed a very clear title). This book is not for free, but the one mentioned below is. MORE >>
ULEARNING BLOG TIME between TIMES: the joy of educating during a time of rapid technological change.
| FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2009
Founder of ‘Connectivism’, Associate Director with the Learning Technologies Centre at University
of Manitoba. Twin trends
of this sort are infrequent, last occurring with the industrial revolution when (rudimentary) concepts of democracy compounded the trends
of industrialization. The future
of education will be shaped by those who are able to anticipate and understand the impact of the dual forces of social learning and participative technology ”. Former teacher, now a director of eLearning for secondary schools and a lecturer at Waikato University
. Enjoy! MORE >>
MLEARNING TRENDS Enterprise Mobile Learning 2011 - Year in Review
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2011
One year ago today, I offered nine predictions running the gamut of hardware, software, industry players and general market movements based on trends
we were experiencing in the commercial mobile learning marketplace; here’s my analysis of where these predictions landed twelve months later. The adoption of tablets, initiated by Apple’s iPad but closely followed by several others, proved to be a true driver for enterprise mobility in general and mobile learning is a real beneficiary of this trend
. a.k.a. How On Target Were My 2011 Predictions? On the Target – But Barely. Bullseye! MORE >>
MOBILE LEARNING One Year Or Less!
| SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2009
Last week, Griffith University
hosted an “ Emerging Technologies and Education Symposium , which included the launch of the 2009 Horizon Report (Australian & New Zealand version). One of the important trends
illustrated by the report is the growing importance of mobile devices and learning in mobile contexts. “Mobile Internet Devices are predicted to be a significant learning technology that will that will see widespread use in teaching and learning, and were categorised as “One Year or Less until adoption. MORE >>
- From E-Learning To M-Learning | New Learning Playbook MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009
- Horizon report is out: gesture based learning is in IGNATIA WEBS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2011
- Embracing Mobile To Educate For Tomorrow | MobileBehavior MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MAY 29, 2010
- Mobile Learning: Another Brief Reading List THE MOBILE LEARNER | SATURDAY, JULY 11, 2009
- Mobiles, Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Computing Merge — MobileBeyond MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2010
- Defining Mobile Learning Isn’t Enough | Knowledge Management System (KMS) Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011
- Spectrum > Mobile Learning, Libraries, And Technologies: Merck Manuals > Apple iPhone / iPod Touch Apps MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MAY 29, 2010
- The Innovative Educator: Ideas for Enhancing Teaching and Learning with Cell Phones Even in Districts that Ban Them MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2009
- Mobile Learning: Educause ELI Focus Session Recap MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2010
- Mobile Phones - So Much More Than a Phone | New Learning Playbook MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2009
- Directions in App Development for Mobile Learning « The Xplanation MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, APRIL 13, 2010
- Flux » Articles | Mobile Learning lessons from Further Education MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2009
- Cisco Blog » Blog Archive » Educause 2010 Proves Learning is (Going) Mobile MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010
- Fear of Mobile Learning - Taking Teaching Further MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, APRIL 17, 2009
- Ignatia Webs: Big Question: get your innovative eLearning ideas out no matter what others think! IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009
- Enhance Your Study with Mobile Learning | tusaw.com MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2010
- Mobile Learning: Cellular Phones as Learning Tools « Compassion in Politics: Christian Social Entrepreneurship, Education Innovation, & Base of the Pyramid/BOP Solutions MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, JUNE 16, 2009
- mLearnCon 2010: Dr. Mimi Ito – What the User Wants in mLearning « Jenise Cook MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, JUNE 20, 2010
- eLearning Roadtrip: Mobile learning at last? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, MARCH 5, 2009
- Mobile learning gaining traction MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, AUGUST 15, 2010
- mLearning-World.com: Educational Development for the Gameboy Generation MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Highlights from eLearning DevCon 2006 MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, AUGUST 7, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Texting Improves Literacy - lol MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2006
- Mobile E-learning Publishing: iPad, iPhone, or Kindle – Which do iChoose? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- Free online book: the Future of Reputation, enter the dark side of the Web IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2008
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.