| || |
| | THE MOBILE LEARNER
AUGUST 10, 2010 iPods in Education Part 14: Enhanced Science Education
True, mobile devices work well across the curriculum. Much time as been spent in this “iPods in Education series on uses as they relate to Language Arts or geography instruction. This time, I’d like to branch out and look at some uses in science. While I myself am not an expert in the field, I find the possibilities so exciting that I feel the need to add a bit to the conversation about using mobile devices in science instruction. Firstly, I go to the apps. There are so many apps, both pay and free, that add a richer dimension to the study of science. notes app.
| | MOBLEARN
AUGUST 19, 2010 why mobile changes things?
Living in the middle of “mobile learning”, it feels totally obvious that mobile is important, and that it fundamentally changes the way we look at information … but I can’t help noticing that not everybody else shares my view! shocking, I know!) Thanks, Bryan.
| | CELL PHONES IN LEARNING
AUGUST 8, 2010 Teenagers and young adults no longer talk they text!
An interesting phenomena has occurred over the last decade. According to a new article from the Washington Post , with the rise of text messaging among teenagers and young adults has come a demise of talking on the phone. The preference of texting over talking is not limited to teenagers, may adults in their 20's and 30's also prefer to text message. According to Nielsen , the national average monthly voice minutes have gone from 1,200 to 900 from 2008 to 2010. think this information is relevant to K-12 education and teachers.
| | ULEARNING BLOG
AUGUST 15, 2010 Actual real-life teachers reporting on how iPads fit (or not) into schools
Hi everyone – well the amount of schools looking at trialing the iPad has just exploded since the device came. There There is of course a bit of ’shiny objects syndrome’ going on – but here is a series of links to some trials that are happening right now that we can all learn from: Epsom Primary – current Vic DET iPad trial school. link]. US iPad school pilot program wiki. link]. iPad in schools Q&A site. link] /. UK detailed blog of unfolding ipad trial: [link] /.
| || || || |
MLEARNOPEDIA ON BLOGSPOT July Hot List: Mobile Learning Content
| THURSDAY, AUGUST 19, 2010
Best of Mobile Learning July 1, 2010 to July 31, 2010 Featured Sources The following are the top items from featured sources based on social signals. Google App Inventor - Can It Boost mLearning? Upside Learning , July 19, 2010 Speak Up 2009: The biggest Obstacle to Using Technology in Ed.Not Being Able to Use Student's Own Mobile Devices! July 1, 2010 Google App Inventor - Can It Boost mLearning? MORE >>
IGNATIA WEBS Free report on Education in the Wild: geo-located mobile earning in ActionL
| THURSDAY, AUGUST 5, 2010
For all you mLearning lovers out there, there is a clearly written, informative and inspiring report (56 pages) on location-based contextual mobile learning (mostly across Europe). The report is just published and it is edited by Liz Fitzgerald - Brown from the University of Nottingham and Mike Sharples has written the foreword. The report follows on from a 2-day workshop funded by the STELLAR Network of Excellence as part of their 2009 Alpine Rendez-Vous workshop series. The 56-page PDF is available FREE for download here. The report also has an amazing set of references embedded. MORE >>
MLEARNING WORLD Rapid Prototyping For Mobile Learning Applications
| FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
The Updside Learning Solutions blog has three great articles on rapid prototyping for Mobile Learning applications. Part 1 covers the initial needs assessments and questions you should ask before beginning. Part 2 explores the levels of fidelity and how to determine which level works for the mobile application design project. Part 3 covers what to consider when choosing a prototyping tool. Education for the iPod Generation. MORE >>
UPSIDE LEARNING Rapid Prototyping for Mobile Learning Applications – I
| THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 2010
As we move more and more into the mobile space, we’ve found that there are several things very different from conventional courseware. One of the things that come to my mind right away is that in mobile, we are doing away with storyboards. Content is viewed differently, it’s data that has to be managed and rendered within the limitations placed by a variety of mobile devices. Storyboards were (are) ideal for serving as references for development of multimedia content. However as we started development on mobile learning applications, the game changed drastically. MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2010 Flipboard | iPad Curriculum
iPad Curriculum make learning mobile Home About Flipboard August 4th, 2010 10 Comments Application: Flipboard What it is: Flipboard is an iPad application that takes social media and turns it into a personalized digital magazine. The way that Flipboard displays feeds is absolutely stunning. Flipboard lets you flip through Facebook and Twitter feeds or follow a specific Twitter list or user. With Flipboard you can like, comment on, and share anything you find. It is a completely personalized magazine and best of all, it is free! Each student will add the Twitter account to their Flipboard. MORE >>
- The Future of Reality – Controlling Objects With Your Mind THE MOBILE LEARNER | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Get some perspective… (a primer piece re: lofty ideals vs on the ground realities in regards to educational technology deployments) ULEARNING BLOG | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2010
- WeFi: a nice way to stay connected globally, without cost IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2010
- Teenagers and young adults no longer talk they text! CELL PHONES IN LEARNING | SUNDAY, AUGUST 8, 2010
- Introducing the $35 tablet! MOBLEARN | MONDAY, AUGUST 16, 2010
- I am Mobile : Where is m-Learning?Kirsten Winkler | Kirsten Winkler MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2010
- open academic education: people with an open PhD and master? Yes, they do it! IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2010
- Scitable is Now Optimized for Mobile Learning — Chris Abraham MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 31, 2010
- Simple voting boxes to enhance learning IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2010
- Mobile learning gaining traction MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, AUGUST 15, 2010
- Mobile Learning: An Upside Learning Point of View UPSIDE LEARNING | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- This Site has Moved MOBILE LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2010
- The Mobile Web: Consider the User MOBILE COMMONS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 3, 2010
- Book-Poor, but Mobile Phone-Rich? Look to M-Novels STEVE VOSLOO | THURSDAY, AUGUST 26, 2010
- Training Plan For iPhone Application Development UPSIDE LEARNING | FRIDAY, AUGUST 20, 2010
- iPad Apps for Visual Creativity MLEARNING | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2010
- AR mobile quest part 1: first steps taken for mobile augmented reality with Android phone IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, AUGUST 2, 2010
- Lifting conferences to become real learning environments IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Creating Successful m-Learning Strategy – Part 3 UPSIDE LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2010
- mLearn conference in Malta, if you can go, join and let's meet IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2010
- Rapid Prototyping For Mobile Learning Applications – II UPSIDE LEARNING | THURSDAY, AUGUST 19, 2010
- Rapid Prototyping For Mobile Learning Applications – III UPSIDE LEARNING | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Interested in Grand Challenges in Global Health in combination with Low Cost cellphones? Let me know IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, AUGUST 27, 2010
- Yoza: Launch and one week STEVE VOSLOO | MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2010
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.