| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | IGNATIA WEBS
MAY 2, 2012 Selecting meaningful #socialmedia tools for a #MOOC or #PLN
MOOC), or gearing up for a Personal Learning Network (PLN) is the selection of meaning social media tools. In order to get an overview of the big families in social media, I started to make a list for my own comprehension and future selection. If you see that I have missed a group or set of social media tools, feel free to let me know. Social Media Tool Why use it + implementation Example with possible extra Idea and content sharing Microblogging Twitter allows the learner group to share short messages with one another, linking it to more content. Video (e.g.
| | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 27, 2012 Tin Can: learner #analytics for the next #research frontier
As I am researching learner interactions in a mobile accessible open, online course – I can see that access pushes forward learner interactions, and even meaningful, constructive learner interactions (research snippets will be shared soon, still getting my thesis together). And the effect on educational research is ENORMOUS: How do people like to learn? Great!
JANUARY 14, 2011 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Mobile learning: Ready or not! | Keeping Pace
| || || |
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
NOVEMBER 29, 2009 Mobile Learning: constructing a themed approach | Personalising Learning with the iPod Touch
Personalising Learning with the iPod Touch A day in the life of a 21st Century Classroom Home About Forum From the kids iPod Touch Apps Josh’s Tips Lessons Mobile Learning: constructing a themed approach Posted by: louiseduncan | November 29, 2009 | 2 Comments | It was always my intention while in New York City last month to draw on it’s inspiration to construct a learning project utilising the iPod touch and Studywiz Mobile, as an example of drawing together a range of resources and sharing them on a mobile device. ’ 4. This post was Twitted by tonnet [.]
| | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 21, 2012 Blogphilosophy: Education makes the world a worse place
Why do I put so much time and effort in researching education? They are educated in surviving, constructing mind weaves to make them and others think violence is permitted, they understand how to fire guns pointed away from their homes. Something to keep many of us busy, working, researching. blogphilosophy education critical researchIn fact: it helps destroying it.
| | IGNATIA WEBS
MAY 22, 2008 my journey into social media and why I became an evangelist
Karyn Romeis is working on a dissertation exploring the impact of the use of social media on the professional practice of learning professionals. The questions she would like to see answered: How did you get started with social media? How did I get started with social media? Social media is of course all about commenting and collaborating. This was a closed blog (shy).
| | MLEARNING IS GOOD
JUNE 25, 2009 Mobile Augmented Reality – A Brief Overview
Wikipedia defines Augmented Reality as: [Augmented reality (AR) is a field of computer research which deals with the combination of real-world and computer-generated data (virtual reality), where computer graphics objects are blended into real footage in real time. At present, most AR research is concerned with the use of live video imagery which is digitally processed and “augmented by the addition of computer-generated graphics. . The integration of innovative technology in learning has always been a goal of educators. For a demo, check out this video.
| || || || |
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2009 Province, industry, and university partner for mobile learning research | Tony Bates
Tags: education research global MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 14, 2011 Mobile learning: Ready or not! | Keeping Pace
Research (discussed below) from Project Tomorrow and a group of researchers at UT Austin suggests that the answer may be, or become, yes. According to a survey released by Project Tomorrow in October, 48% of high school students and 34% of middle school students reported that they use their profiles on Facebook and other social networking sites to collaborate with classmates on projects. They reported in a recent blog post that about 68% of students studied reported accessing social networking websites, while an average of about 80% use email. Dr. Joan E. MORE >>
IGNATIA WEBS #mLearn2010 keynote of Agnes Kukulska Hulme on Conversations en route to Learning
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2010
Second case study is by Madoe, M (2010) Exploring the use of MXit - a cellphone social
network to facilitate learning in distance education, Open learning 25(3). The pervasive learning space still needs to be researched
extensively. Often it is due to practical or social
situations (switch to group preferred mediums). The nature of conversations en route to learning should be researched
, how? donate your sms texts to research
( [link] ), additional layer to your conversational layer. GREAT, but also into private area for LSE researchers
. MORE >>
IGNATIA WEBS #mlearn2010 Embedding Moodle into Ubiquitous Computing environments by Chris Glahn
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
Christian Glahn wears a nice suite, and he is nicely shaved with a smooth voice, he mentions at the start of his presentation that this project is about a framework in construction
is based on three pillars: adaptation and personalization orchestrating learning learner mobility Adaptation and personalisation Starting from Adaptive presentation (Brulowsky? So they have looked at how knowledge is constructed
within the learning environment. Virtual learning environments are basically not aware of the overarching context. not sure about the name). MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JULY 24, 2010 Learning 3.0 will be mobile « JohnsBlog
It also includes mobility in conceptual space, mobility in social space, and mobility of technology. The common denominator is context: physical, technological, conceptual, social and temporal contexts for learning.” He sees it as enabling us to move beyond 20th century ideas of education as knowledge construction and information processing, into a new era of education as continuous interaction between learners, educators, personal technologies and everyday experience. Tags: Sharples research Is online learning necessarily constructivist? anchez I, Vavoula G, (2009). MORE >>
- #mLearn2010 Augmented Reality and Mobile Learning - some lessons learned by Gunnar Liestol IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2010
- Blogphilosophy: share your learning story: formal education shackled me, so I got out … IGNATIA WEBS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2010
- You are Never Alone » Mobile phones - powerful learning aids? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2009
- Is your institution considering mobile learning? « Tony Bates MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 30, 2010
- Spectrum > Mobile Learning, Libraries, And Technologies: Merck Manuals > Apple iPhone / iPod Touch Apps MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MAY 29, 2010
- Mobile Libraries: ACU > Chemistry Labs, Classes Combine Science With Mobile Learning MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2009
- Mobile Learning – Frohberg et al. | andrew j. cerniglia MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2009
- Vicki Owen's Topically Technological Library Blog: Case Study 2 – London School of Economics (LSE) MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MARCH 7, 2009
- Mobile Libraries: Mobile Apps For Virtual Learning Environments MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, MAY 4, 2009
- Text messaging for collaborative learning in South Africa | Tony Bates MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2009
- NetFamilyNews MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2009
- Frequently Asked Q: Update on ACU's Mobile Learning Initiative MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, JULY 31, 2009
- Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org: Ubiquitous Computing Environments MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, MAY 3, 2009
- E-learning on Mobile Phones | MoSo Technology Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, JULY 26, 2010
- Relevant Science: "Mobile Learning: Trends and Challenges" MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2010
- November Hot List: Mobile Learning Content MLEARNOPEDIA ON BLOGSPOT | SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2009
- #EDEN09 keynote speakers Friday: philosophy, new technologies and ethics IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2009
- Bogus research data on effectiveness of learning methods IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2008
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.