| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | THE MOBILE LEARNER
MAY 8, 2010 Thoughts on the Current State of Mobile Devices
Computers ruled for three main reasons: more powerful hardware, better software and, most importantly, much faster access to the internet. However, we have seen a major shift in the way we use communication technologies mainly because wireless access to the Internet has improved dramatically and major investments have been made, and continue to be made, in mobile hardware and software. While OSX and Linux address this problem in their own ways, all desktop OS’s suffer from the same problem – they are designed for locally installed software.
| | MLEARNING TRENDS
DECEMBER 28, 2011 Enterprise Mobile Learning 2011 - Year in Review
One year ago today, I offered nine predictions running the gamut of hardware, software, industry players and general market movements based on trends we were experiencing in the commercial mobile learning marketplace; here’s my analysis of where these predictions landed twelve months later. a.k.a. How On Target Were My 2011 Predictions? Prediction #1 - mLearning Engagements Expand. Bullseye!
JANUARY 2, 2010 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Questio Verum: ACU, iPhones, and Wired
OCTOBER 18, 2009 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Doc’s Blog » Blog Archive » how do you use your mobile computing device to support your learning?
OCTOBER 13, 2009 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Handheld Reflections Day Two « e-Learning Stuff
| || || |
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
DECEMBER 23, 2008 PDAStreet: Software Reviews: Review: Qik - Quickly Share Mobile Video
Start by accessing the Qik site through your phones browser, then sign up for an account. With Qik, you can share that lousy video with the world - and, surprisingly, its a lot of fun. Qik is a social networking tool that gives the cell phone video camera a reason for existing. With it, you can shoot tiny vids of your days wanderings, then share them with the world. Its simple and easy: a Twitter for those who prefer video. Before you sign in, view Qiks list of supported phones. If your phone is on there, youre setunless you have the iPhone. Saving and installing it is a quick process.
| | THE MOBILE LEARNER
JANUARY 17, 2011 Apps: Web Apps or Native Apps?
By this, I mean that devices are providing the platform for software apps that people are using to customize their devices to create a more personalized experience. The first is that one only requires one native app – a mobile web browser. So long as the device can connect to the internet using a modern mobile web browser, the user can connect to content on the web and save information using online services. Is the building you find yourself in weakening the signal to and from the cell tower and lacking wireless internet? Web Apps. Native Apps.
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
AUGUST 16, 2009 Personalising Learning with the iPod Touch
Each week, teachers and students from my school appear at my desk with their newly purchased device, wanting to know the process for accessing our wireless network. Zoe can not manage without her iPod touch to assist her in maths Damon can find the answer to every question posed in the palm of his hand using the Safari browser and he takes advantage of this power at every opportunity. On the one hand, computers and the Internet can bring a wealth of information; on the other, hardware and software can be fickle, hard to maintain, and disruptive to the flow of learning.
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
AUGUST 3, 2009 ACU's iPhone initiative: a year later
In addition to podcasts, class polls and various communication channels made possible by iPhone ubiquity, the school also provides a web portal -- one that can be accessed through either an iPhone or any standard web browser on a desktop or laptop computer. Live wirelessly. Print wirelessly Email this Share Tweet this! Also, it would be really cool if ASU shared some of the programs they developed, such as the app for professors that helped with learning names and the attendance monitor software, with other colleges to help them get started. like it or not." Sheesh.
| || || || |
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 2, 2009 BBC NEWS | Technology | Controlling the hi-tech helpers
The report authors are aware of this, and they point out that "the cost of wireless internet smart phones means that they are not ubiquitous among secondary school students", and note that "cost and ownership go hand in hand as issues to consider". This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so. MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2009 M-Learning 7: Consuming m-learning | E-learning Curve Blog at Edublogs
Now read on… Forrester’s BlackBerry: An Emerging Platform For Mobile Collaboration study states that two-thirds of companies have fully deployed wireless e-mail, calendars, and contacts. Another 16% of firms are in the process of implementing wireless e-mail. We can say that mobile phones and wireless e-mail are central to the activities of organizations. New York Times A mobile browser that brings the Internet into learners’ hands. Figure 1 A Snapshot Of Enterprise Mobility Today (after Forrester Inc., They’re going to pry it out of my hands. Rogowski, R., MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009 Pontydysgu – Bridge to Learning » Blog Archive » Going mobile
What has changed is social software allowing interaction between people using mobile devices. The internet cafe had a wireless connection and we were able to go on a virtual tour of a proposed confernce venue through the safari browser and then book our venue through skype. Over the summer I have been working with colleagues from the Mature project and with Mark van Harmelen on the idea of a mobile PLE based on Mark’s mPLE software. One of the sponsored presentations was by a local elearning company who demonstrated their mobile learning platform. was wrong. MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2009 Handheld Reflections Day Two « e-Learning Stuff
av barcode battery bbc bdplearning bebo becta ben goldacre bett2008 blog blogger blogging blu-ray bluetooth book bookmarking brain training british library broadband browser buzzword ca9 camcorder camera camtasia captivate cd channel 4 chrome classmate cloud coffee collaboration comic life commoncraft communication conference connectivity connectnow content conversion copyright coreldraw crowdvine cyberbulling datamatrix data protection dave foord dave white david sugden del.icio.us Three days of mobile learning stuff, presentations, discussions, networking and people. With a 9.30 MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009 Mobile learning in a military context « e-Learning Stuff
av barcode battery bbc bdplearning bebo becta ben goldacre bett2008 blog blogger blogging blu-ray bluetooth book bookmarking brain training british library broadband browser buzzword ca9 camcorder camera camtasia captivate cd channel 4 chrome classmate cloud coffee collaboration comic life commoncraft communication conference connectivity connectnow content conversion copyright coreldraw crowdvine cyberbulling datamatrix data protection dave foord dave white david sugden del.icio.us delivered a session on mobile learning to a group of military personnel down in Torpoint in Cornwall. MORE >>
- Increase in mobile internet « e-Learning Stuff MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009
- Doc’s Blog » Blog Archive » how do you use your mobile computing device to support your learning? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2009
- Questio Verum: ACU, iPhones, and Wired MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 2, 2010
- Cloud Computing: money and mobilty MLEARNING WORLD | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2008
- Cloud Computing and mobility Part 2. MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2008
- Portable Apps: your PC in a USB key | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | TUESDAY, JULY 4, 2006
- Immersive Situated Learning | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | SUNDAY, AUGUST 13, 2006
- Choosing a PDA for Teaching and Learning | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2006
- Access your PC from your mobile | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2006
- Least (Lowest) Common Denominator is Bad? | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: eLearning DevCon Day 2 Recap MLEARNING WORLD | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Break Out of the Box - From Breakthrough eLearning MLEARNING WORLD | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Learning Circuits Asks- Should All Learning Professionals Be Blogging? MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Top 10 Freeware Apps for M-Learning- from mLearning @edublogs MLEARNING WORLD | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: m-Learning: Microlearning MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: From Tracy and Matts Blog - Apple iPhone MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2007
- mLearning-World.com: WebEx Presentation- Hitting a Moving Target: Serving the Mobile Learner MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2007
- mLearning-World.com: IADIS Mobile Learning 2007: Call for Papers MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2007
- mLearning-World.com: Mobile Learning Design- the Post-It Method MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: The iPhone will NOT start a mLearning revolution! MLEARNING WORLD | THURSDAY, JANUARY 18, 2007
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.