| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING
FEBRUARY 9, 2011 5 Reasons Flash is NOT dying.give me a break!
Sorry for shouting in the title, but I am fed up with people saying Flash is dying. Will Flash lose some market share to HTML5? But again, that doesn't mean the demise of Flash is anywhere near. The only reason anyone is still hollering about this is because Apple still refuses Flash on their mobile devices. Thanks to Tony Karrer's article "Mobile Learning and the Continuing Death of Flash". At Rapid Intake, HTML5 is our new friend because it has enabled us to create mobile learning software that works on almost any newer smartphone or tablet. Come on!
| | RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING
MAY 13, 2010 Apple, Adobe, and the Flash eLearning Future
Thursday, May 13, 2010 Apple, Adobe, and the Flash eLearning Future Ive had a few requests from customers and prospects to address some questions raised by the firestorm of corporate rhetoric between Adobe and Apple and the "future of Flash". Will Steve Jobs vision prevail meaning that Flash is going to eventually go away? IS FLASH GOING TO DIE? The same goes for Flash.
| || || |
| | RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING
NOVEMBER 9, 2011 Adobe Drops Flash for Mobile - What Does it Mean for mLearning and eLearning?
This morning Adobe stated that it will no longer develop the Flash player for mobile devices in favor of throwing their support behind HTML5 development. This will likely be a blow to Android device manufacturers who have counted on the Flash player support as one of the main differentiations from Apple devices, but what does it mean for e-learning and m-learning developers? Apple and Android), most mobile learning authoring solutions (such as Rapid Intake's rapid authoring for mobile learning software, mLearning Studio) publish to HTML5 rather than Flash.
| | MLEARNING IS GOOD
FEBRUARY 23, 2010 Flash Player On Devices – Going Mobile Just Got Easier
All the money and concentrated brain power of some of the most innovative and powerful companies will certainly yield some great results in the form of new software, hardware and cloud based applications to enable our productivity and creativity. One of the best signs for those who make learning content is the Flash Player finally coming to mobile devices in large numbers. Some of you may be familiar with the trials Adobe has had in bringing the Flash player to the mobile area. It has actually been in use, in the form of Flash Lite for several years now.
| | MOBLEARN
SEPTEMBER 9, 2010 Apple announcement is excellent news for cross-platform app developers!
Apple is not against cross-platform apps per se, but until recently they were very against Adobe & Flash, and their previous stance was to a large extent an attempt to block several different technologies that allowed Flash apps to be automatically disassembled, and automatically re-assembled into an App. The smallprint of the Apple restrictions, also restricted this sort of App.
| | RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING
FEBRUARY 3, 2011 mLearning Studio: Why and What is HTML5?
| || || || |
MLEARNING TRENDS Enterprise mLearning Predictions for 2012
| FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2011
Falters, HTML5 & ePUBs Gain in Popularity. Adobe’s move to stop developing Flash
Player plug-ins for mobile web browsers
set a BIG BALL in motion that quelled the desire for many Instructional Designers to use pure Flash
or popular rapid development tools outputting Flash
-based content as their unified content delivery strategy. Part of this shift was driven by the fact that Flash
-based content actually didn’t perform/behave well on most Flash
-enabled handsets and tablets especially when the content was local rather than on a server. MORE >>
MLEARNING TRENDS Enterprise Mobile Learning 2011 - Year in Review
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2011
One year ago today, I offered nine predictions running the gamut of hardware, software
, industry players and general market movements based on trends we were experiencing in the commercial mobile learning marketplace; here’s my analysis of where these predictions landed twelve months later. After all, would you rather check your email, Twitter or Facebook on your smartphone using your device’s native email/twitter/FB app or launch your mobile web browser
to stay connected? Flash
will still not be supported on iOS devices in 2011 but this fact will matter far less over time. MORE >>
UPSIDE LEARNING So…How Do You Build eLearning For iPads?
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2013
still delivers the best eLearning experience for desktops and other tablets (there are quite a few out there too!) Oh, and not all browsers
are ready for HTML5 and if you are still using IE 6, 7, & 8, it’s not good news, I am afraid! HTML5 works best with IE10 and browsers
like Maxthon, Chrome, Firefox and Safari. native app is software
written for mobile devices for performing a specific task, e.g. a game, calendar, music player, etc. Not surprisingly, there is a plethora of rapid authoring tools available today that do this. and later. Surprised? MORE >>
UPSIDE LEARNING IPhone- User Interface Guidelines- Part I
| THURSDAY, JUNE 24, 2010
The document is divided into two parts: Planning Your iPhone Software
Product : Covers types of applications, fundamental human interface design principles and the iPhone OS environment. Planning Your iPhone Software
Product. It runs in safari browser
. Related posts: How to Develop Cost Effective Game Applications for the iPhone Adobe AIR & Flash
Player 10.1– The iPhone’s revolutionary user interface has changed the way we look at mobile devices. The iPhone SDK let’s you create native applications for the device. This is the first. E.g. Mail. Folders. MORE >>
UPSIDE LEARNING Have You mEnabled Your eLearning For iPads?
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013
For most organisations, adopting mobile learning raises the BIG question of “What do we do with our existing content (probably developed in Flash
which doesn’t run on the iPad)? However, the software
is another story. Because iPads don’t support Flash
and a lot of the existing eLearning is Flash
-based, it’s essential to convert it to an iPad friendly medium – HTML (yes, back to HTML!) with HTML5 Converter and Lectora Inspire can also help you to quickly convert your eLearning to HTML5 for mobile delivery, as well as create dynamic video and Flash
content. MORE >>
- SCORM Implementation For Mobile Devices MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2010
- The Mobile Learner MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
- Rapid Intake Shout Out: Understanding Mobile Learning: 3 High. RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2011
- My 2012 Enterprise mLearning Predictions Recap MLEARNING TRENDS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- Designing eLearning for iPads – Webinar Recording and Q&A UPSIDE LEARNING | TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2013
- Learning in Hand Blog by Tony Vincent MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2009
- M-Learning 7: Consuming m-learning | E-learning Curve Blog at Edublogs MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2009
- Creating Digital Animation through PDAs at eTwinning MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2009
- Handheld Reflections Day Two « e-Learning Stuff MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2009
- Mobile learning in a military context « e-Learning Stuff MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2009
- Increase in mobile internet « e-Learning Stuff MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009
- Portable Apps: your PC in a USB key | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | TUESDAY, JULY 4, 2006
- Immersive Situated Learning | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | SUNDAY, AUGUST 13, 2006
- Choosing a PDA for Teaching and Learning | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2006
- Access your PC from your mobile | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2006
- Least (Lowest) Common Denominator is Bad? | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: eLearning DevCon Day 2 Recap MLEARNING WORLD | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Break Out of the Box - From Breakthrough eLearning MLEARNING WORLD | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Learning Circuits Asks- Should All Learning Professionals Be Blogging? MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Top 10 Freeware Apps for M-Learning- from mLearning @edublogs MLEARNING WORLD | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: m-Learning: Microlearning MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: From Tracy and Matts Blog - Apple iPhone MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2007
- mLearning-World.com: WebEx Presentation- Hitting a Moving Target: Serving the Mobile Learner MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2007
- mLearning-World.com: IADIS Mobile Learning 2007: Call for Papers MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2007
- mLearning-World.com: Mobile Learning Design- the Post-It Method MLEARNING WORLD | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: The iPhone will NOT start a mLearning revolution! MLEARNING WORLD | THURSDAY, JANUARY 18, 2007
- script for vodcasting workshop at OEB IGNATIA WEBS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2007
- CCK08 Free and reliable open source software for YOU and all of us IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2008
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.