| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | MLEARNING TRENDS
DECEMBER 28, 2011 [2011, Security] Enterprise Mobile Learning 2011 - Year in Review
How On Target Were My 2011 Predictions? It’s time once again to take stock of what happened in enterprise mobile learning and see if any of my 2011 predictions hit their intended targets. If 2010 was the year of the pilot, 2011 will be the year of the deployment. Flash will still not be supported on iOS devices in 2011 but this fact will matter far less over time. a.k.a.
| | MLEARNING TRENDS
JANUARY 2, 2011 [2011, Security] Enterprise mLearning Predictions for 2011
It is time once again to ponder the research, extrapolate on recent experience, and attempt to read the tea leaves so we can predict the future of enterprise mobile learning in 2011. If 2010 was the year of the pilot, then 2011 will be the year of the deployment. Sure, companies may still provided workers with an old BlackBerry (on a 2-year contract), but increasingly more people will opt to use their own iPhones/iPads or Android handsets or tablets once their devices can be secured and supported within their organizations. 3. mLearning Engagements Expand. Buyer, beware! 9.
| | UPSIDE LEARNING
APRIL 11, 2011 [2011, Security] Mobile Learning: A Quick SWOT Analysis
Concerns still revolve around basic device security and data security. For over two years now, we have not only just been hearing about mobile learning but also actively understanding and working on it. In last many months we have written a number of blog posts around mobile learning ranging from development tips, general examples, tips and tricks, etc. Weaknesses. Opportunities.
| | MOBILE LEARNING EDGE
FEBRUARY 8, 2011 [2011, Security] Mobile Learning Conferences
Here are all the conferences on Clayton’s current list related to mobile learning: February 7-10, 2011 International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security , 4 th , sponsored by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) Paris, France. February 14-17, 2011 Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain. February 23-28, 2011 Digital World 2011 including (3 rd ), International Conference on Mobile, Hybrid and Online Learning (3 rd ), Gosier, Guadeloupe, France. April 19-21, 2011 O’Reilly Where 2.0 For a copy see: [link].
| | IGNATIA WEBS
NOVEMBER 10, 2011 [2011, Security] Are #mLearning projects in Africa really successful? #ICT4D critique
This is a description of a seminar given by John Traxler at the London Knowledge Lab (London, UK): “Too many elephants in the room: learning with mobile devices in developing regions" on 8 November 2011. John Traxler lives and breathes mobility. During his seminar, John raised two major questions: Are learning projects based on mobile devices really helping Africa forward?
| | MLEARNOPEDIA ON BLOGSPOT
AUGUST 9, 2011 [2011, Security] July Hot List: Mobile Learning Content
July 1, 2011 to July 31, 2011 Featured Sources The following are the top items from featured sources based on social signals. Float Mobile Learning , July 12, 2011 Help us #save new born babies lives by using #mobile devices for #ultrasound - Ignatia Webs , July 25, 2011 Josh Topolosky has written my fave #WebOS Touchpad review. Best of Mobile Learning. Oh My!
MOBILE LEARNING EDGE [2011, Security] New Issue of the International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies
| TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2011
Here is the Table of Contents: Global Telecommunications Security
: Effects of Geomagnetic Disturbances. The latest issue of the International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (Vol. 5, No. 3) and is available as a free download (but you have to register on the site). McManus, H.H. Carr, B.M. Adams. Software Tool to Visualize Verbal Protocols to Enhance Strategic and Metacognitive Abilities in Basic Programming. Carlos A. Arévalo, Estela L. Muñoz, Juan M. Gómez. Collaborative Rural Healthcare Network: A Conceptual Model. U. Raja, D.J. McManus, J.M. Hardin, B.C. Haynes. MORE >>
MOBILE LEARNING EDGE [2011, Security] Healthcare…Mobile devices…lessons for learning?
| WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2011
Well, Forbes gave me some insight today. The article, “Doing More with Mobile Devices in Healthcare: Eliminating the Security
Compromise.” I Forbes provided the list of questions to answer for security
. ” What questions and approaches (albeit not easy ones) “to make enterprise-integrated mobile devices and employee/patient-owned mobile devices more secure
? 1. An integrated approach that makes mobile devices a component of an organization’s overall enterprise security
strategy is better than point solutions. link]. MORE >>
RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING [2011, Security] 5 Reasons Flash is NOT dying.give me a break!
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2011
Reason #3: Flash is more secure
than HTML5 Flash played over the web is harder to dig into than an HTML page. HTML5 is inherently less secure
than Flash. Sorry for shouting in the title, but I am fed up with people saying Flash is dying. That it's old technology. That HTML5 is the ultimate replacement. That it shouldn't be allowed to go forward. Come on! Give me a break! It is making me ill. Perhaps we've all just turned into Steve Jobs sycophants, sucked into his 'reality distortion field', repeating what he says because it is the latest fad. Will it die? Not a chance! MORE >>
FLOAT MOBILE LEARNING [2011, Security] Taking mLearning to the Gridiron?
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2011
Mobile Technology Security
StrategyIn the lead up to the Super Bowl, I saw this interview discussing the possibility of NFL teams considering replacing their traditional playbooks with iPads or other tablets. As soon [.]. MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA ON BLOGSPOT [2011, Security] My Reflections on the Mobile World Congress
| WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2011
There was a lot of excitement with new announcements such as LG’s 3D phone, Sony’s Experia Play, HTC ChaCha and Salsa devices with integrated Facebook, new Samsung devices and lots of tablets from companies such as HTC with their Flyer, Samsung which includes a pen, Motorola’s Xoom and RIM’s PlayBook, all trying to distinguish themselves from the absent iPad. I was honored to serve as a judge for the Mobile World Congress 2011
16th annual Global Mobile Awards in the category of Best mLearning Innovation. Security
was as high as I have seen with badges scanned regularly. The U.S. MORE >>
- [2011, Security] JIT Performance Support Mobile App Development UPSIDE LEARNING | TUESDAY, AUGUST 2, 2011
- [2011, Security] mLearning Tech A’plenty Released at CES 2011 MLEARNING TRENDS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 7, 2011
- [2011, Security] Adobe Drops Flash for Mobile - What Does it Mean for mLearning and eLearning? RAPID INTAKE MOBILE LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2011
- [2011, Security] 10 Reasons BlackBerry Can Survive and Even Thrive MOBILE LEARNING EDGE | MONDAY, JULY 4, 2011
- [2011, Security] 50,000 people say NO to Social Security cuts MOBILE COMMONS | THURSDAY, JULY 21, 2011
- [2011, Security] Enterprise mLearning Predictions for 2012 MLEARNING TRENDS | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2011
- [2011, Security] New open journal #iJim issue is out on #mLearning topics IGNATIA WEBS | MONDAY, JULY 18, 2011
- [2011, Security] What the Army is Doing in Mobile Learning MLEARNING IS GOOD | THURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2011
- [2011, Security] New mLearning Authoring Offerings - Wave #1 MLEARNING TRENDS | MONDAY, JANUARY 31, 2011
- [2011, Security] Business models for #gaming #medialearning2011 IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2011
- [2011, Security] Addressing Mobile Security with What Else? An App! MLEARNING IS GOOD | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2011
- [2011, Security] Defining Mobile Learning Isn’t Enough | Knowledge Management System (KMS) Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011
- [2011, Security] Mobile Viruses Expanding at an Alarming Level MOBILE LEARNING EDGE | FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2013
- [2011, Security] GeoLearning Acquired by SumTotal: The mLearning Impact? MLEARNING TRENDS | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2011
- [2011, Security] Even More Secure Access to Accounts MOBILE COMMONS | TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2011
- [2011, Security] Mobile Learning And The BYOD Movement UPSIDE LEARNING | MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
- [2011, Security] Cuts to Social Security? AARP weighs in MOBILE COMMONS | FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2011
- [2011, Security] Really, Steve… STEVE VOSLOO | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2011
- [2011, Security] Future of #mLearning inspiring ideas @dave_parsons IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2014
- [2011, Security] #MobiMOOC free, online course on #mLearning runs 8 – 30 September 2012 choose your favorite topics IGNATIA WEBS | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- [2011, Security] How are non-profits using text messaging? MOBILE COMMONS | MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2011
- [2011, Security] Call for papers: Digital Futures: learning in a connected world IGNATIA WEBS | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2010
- [2011, Security] Listen to Your Data: Lessons from a Multilingual Text Message Campaign MOBILE COMMONS | SATURDAY, MAY 7, 2011
- [2011, Security] My 2012 Enterprise mLearning Predictions Recap MLEARNING TRENDS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2012
- [2011, Security] 5 Reasons You Should Check Out Upside2Go’s New Version UPSIDE LEARNING | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- [2011, Security] 5 steps to improve my #mobile #diabetic life IGNATIA WEBS | THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2012
- [2011, Security] 2010: mLearning Year in Review MLEARNING TRENDS | MONDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2010