| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
JULY 23, 2010 Mobile Learning;Lessons learnt from the eLearning Africa 2010 - telecentre.org
John Traxler ,Learning Lab ,UK gave the first presentation entitled Learning with ‘Appropriate ‘Technology : PC Labs or Mobile Phones. In his presentation , Mr.Munyinda , stated that handheld devices and internet are presenting unlimited possibilities , in Africa handheld devices such as mobile phones are more pervasive than PCs.He Mobile phones are supplementing PCs in many ways, more so , eLearning is being supplemented by mLearning. The third speaker was Petrus Venter ,University of South Africa with a presentation entitled Online forums and mobile phones ….
| | UPSIDE LEARNING
JULY 7, 2010 Interesting Mobile Statistics By Tomi Ahonen: mLearnCon
Note that the Internet growth rate is more than that of PCs from 2005 onwards. More people on this earth now have access to mobile phones than have access to running water and toilets. In 2010 Estonia has also become the first country to allow tax returns to be filed by SMS. Tomi Ahonen delivered the first keynote address at the mLearnCon last month in San Diego.
JANUARY 23, 2011 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Defining Mobile Learning Isn’t Enough | Knowledge Management System (KMS) Blog
OCTOBER 17, 2010 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Cisco Blog » Blog Archive » Educause 2010 Proves Learning is (Going) Mobile
JULY 26, 2010 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
E-learning on Mobile Phones | MoSo Technology Blog
JULY 24, 2010 | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
Learning as Reflexive; Reality as a Series of Filters « The Ddeok is Always Greener on the Other Side ?? ?? ? ? ???
| || || |
| || | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
APRIL 24, 2010 Going Mobile: Debating and Using Cellphones in School - The Learning Network Blog - NYTimes.com
Region Business Technology Science Health Sports Opinion Arts Style Travel Jobs Real Estate Autos April 19, 2010, 1:27 pm Going Mobile: Debating and Using Cellphones in School By SANDHYA NANKANI AND HOLLY EPSTEIN OJALVO George Osodi/Associated Press At an electronics market in Lagos, Nigeria, cellphones appear in great profusion, as they do throughout poorer lands. What are the drawbacks?
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
OCTOBER 17, 2010 Cisco Blog » Blog Archive » Educause 2010 Proves Learning is (Going) Mobile
That is how I closed each of my 8 presentations at the Cisco booth at Educause 2010 this week. Cisco provides ClientLink to improve performance of older clients, VideoStream to effectively multicast video content to mobile devices, and CleanAir technology to mitigate interference from common devices such as microwave ovens, and cordless phones operating in the same frequencies.
| | MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS
JUNE 10, 2010 eModeration Station
Home About Mobile Learning # 6: Six key m-learning resources Comments (8) By Nicky Hockly , June 9, 2010 1:54 pm How do you feel about housework? Students are constantly bringing their mobile phones and iPods to school. Bags are searched at the school gates every day, and any mobile phones or iPods that are found are confiscated. Smart phones, netbooks, e-readers, iTouches…?
| || || || |
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2010 eModeration Station » Mobile learning #1: The big picture
The 2010 Horizon Report predicts that mobile technology will be mainstream by the end of this year. This Guardian Weekly article , for example, reports on the massive rise of mobile phone use in Africa. Even the simplest mobile devices such as low-end mobile phones (which are not necessarily Internet enabled) allow access to learning content via SMS, as the BBC Janala project in Bangladesh shows. Publishers are starting to produce apps (applications, or programs) which you can download onto your iPhone or Android phone. And this was back in 2005!! Tweet This! MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JULY 24, 2010 Learning 3.0 will be mobile « JohnsBlog
will be mobile by johnmill on July 13, 2010 As more and more humans come equipped with a networked mini-computer in their pocket, it’s obv that the next wave in distance learning will be mobile. Sharples et al, 2005) The ability that mobiles give us to slide from context to context aligns mLearning with some important characteristics of learning in general. Kukulska-Hulme et al 2007, p14) —- Sharples M, Taylor J and Vavoula G (2005) Towards a Theory of Mobile Learning. Just smart phones? Is online learning necessarily constructivist? 13–35. Tablets too? MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 16, 2010 Thoughts about mobile learning « Online Educator
Online Educator Teaching and learning in the global network Home About Vitae Publications Classes Speaking EDTECH Island Recommendations Thoughts about mobile learning 16 01 2010 There’s an interesting new forecast from Gartner predicting that within three years, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common web browsing device, with approx. billion devices accessing information on the cloud. Just yesterday, our faculty were looking at Google Analytics of our student portal, and saw we had 2% access by iPhone (and 35% by Mac). It’s a small number, but a beginning. MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, MARCH 6, 2010 EDITing in the Dark » ELI Focus – Mobile Learning
Contact Me New Photo Gallery ELI Focus – Mobile Learning By Raj , March 5, 2010 11:04 am, I missed the first day of this session because I was home sick, but I did take away some important confirmations from the second day. This wasn’t the only bit on mlearning this week = I also spotted this (Cell Phones R 4 More Than Texting) over twitter as well as this (Using mobile phones to improve educational outcomes: An analysis of evidence from Asia John-Harmen Valk, Ahmed T. Branching out from there, podcasts (but not talking heads !) 75) Toys (128) Web X.0 MORE >>
MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2010 Audio + Visual + Apps = Mobile Learning
Home About Contact Featured Videos Subscribe Audio + Visual + Apps = Mobile Learning by Renee Robbins on January 8, 2010 After taking part in last night’s #lrnchat , I am as convinced as ever that we need to do away with the term “mobile learning. It’s just too broad of a term. gwoodill: 2005 def: “Mlearning is learning on devices which a lady can carry in her handbag or a gentleman can carry in his pocket.” The group seemed to struggle for the entire 90 minutes with a the true definition. Let’s take a look at the big three, audio, video and apps. MORE >>
- Learning as Reflexive; Reality as a Series of Filters « The Ddeok is Always Greener on the Other Side ?? ?? ? ? ??? MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SATURDAY, JULY 24, 2010
- E-learning on Mobile Phones | MoSo Technology Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | MONDAY, JULY 26, 2010
- 1020. Mobil Learning « Tomorrow's Professor Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2010
- BLOG.MAGWEBBER.COM: Week 12 - Mobile, Wireless and Ubiquitous Learning MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, APRIL 4, 2010
- How long mobile training progressed in 5 years Short! | Sierra Aircard MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 10, 2010
- How Mobile Cell Phones Change Everything When We Do - Ewan McIntosh | Digital Media & Education MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2009
- Mobile is taking over the world: Are you ready? MOBILE COMMONS | TUESDAY, MARCH 29, 2011
- Defining Mobile Learning Isn’t Enough | Knowledge Management System (KMS) Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011
- Mobile Learning « Shijina’s Blog MLEARNOPEDIA DELICIOUS | SUNDAY, JANUARY 11, 2009
- Technical Parallels with Computer-Based Learning | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2006
- SMS Study Service Success in NZ | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14, 2006
- The Future of M-Learning | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | TUESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2006
- Why M-Learning Is Cheap. | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2006
- Learner-Friendly, Environment Friendly | Mobile Learning MLEARNING | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Podcast: How M-Learning is Enhancing Education MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, AUGUST 21, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Book Review-mLearning: Mobile Learning and Performance in the Palm of your Hand MLEARNING WORLD | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: Why mLearning is Cheap- by Leonard Low MLEARNING WORLD | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2006
- mLearning-World.com: A tale of two experts on m-Learning - mLearning - Zimbio MLEARNING WORLD | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2006
Mobile Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.